Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Mobile during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc will always be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc at 251-471-2674 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.