According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the lifetime of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you see if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signs that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear a sound other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you look inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have bugs or rodents created a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns layered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to contact Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc in Mobile about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the pros at Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. A yearly evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Examining your system often and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clear.
More ways you can help maintain your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from areas such as your attic.
• Check your air filters on a regular basis and put in new filters when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in poor or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Mobile home is clean. Make sure to use these preventative steps and schedule a professional duct cleaning regularly. Call the experts at Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc at 251-471-2674 or schedule an appointment online.