If you want to stay warm during the cooler months in Mobile, your heat pump will require some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already arranged your annual tune-up with Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc, you’re right on schedule. Don’t be too concered if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are many things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its peak performance. Try these maintenance tricks to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Lessened airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t emphasize this enough. It’s an easy way to help the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the zone around your outdoor unit if clutter has collected or plants have dominated the zone.
- To be sure your system is working well, test your thermostat often. Turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump kick on. If you don’t hear anything, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or schedule an appointment with us.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to know more about heat pump maintenance or would like to make an appointment with one of our experts, call Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc at [[phonenumber]] or arrange an appointment online.