Having regular air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Mobile season, have the specialists at Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully releasing it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow in the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We advise looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc today at 251-471-2674.