Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Mobile is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. cut the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Farnell Heating & Air Conditioning Inc in Mobile at 251-471-2674 today.